During a routine mammogram, Freida discovered she had breast cancer. But not even surgery and treatment could keep the 40-year volunteer away from the patients and staff at Henry Ford hospital for very long.
Volunteer at the Henry Ford Cancer Institute
Donating your time is just as valuable as making a financial donation
Henry Ford Health System has volunteer programs at each of our hospitals, and encourage community members to donate time and talent to our patients and hospital staff. Fill out our volunteer application and choose the location at which you'd like to volunteer.
- If you are interested in working specifically with the cancer institute, please note that in your volunteer application.
- If you have questions about volunteering for the Henry Ford Cancer Institute, send an email to HFCIvolunteer@hfhs.org.
Become a Patient Advisor
If you or a family member has experiences to share about healthcare, you can use this knowledge help improve healthcare for current and future patients at Henry Ford Health System.
Some cancer types have specific patient advisory groups, such as the Head and Neck Cancer Patient Advisory Group. They meet once a month to:
- Advise our head and neck cancer team
- Improve the patient experience
- Learn more about head and neck cancers
- Mentor other patients
Based on your interests and level of commitment, there are many different opportunities to get involved with the Patient Advisory program. Learn more on their website.