Become a volunteer at Henry Ford Cancer
Henry Ford Cancer volunteers offer guidance for visitors, comfort for patients and support for family members and caregivers. Whether you’re exploring healthcare careers or just looking for an opportunity to give back, there’s a volunteer role for you at Henry Ford Cancer!
Become a Henry Ford Cancer volunteer and join our team to provide empathetic and exceptional care to cancer patients and their families.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients, volunteers and staff, all volunteers must:
- Commit to a regular weekly 3-4-hour shift and a minimum of 60 hours of service
- Complete an interview, orientation and job-specific training
- Consent to a criminal background check
- Complete a health screening, including TB testing and confirmation of up-to-date vaccination and immunization. All Henry Ford Health volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to volunteering.
- Receive an annual flu vaccination
- Be 15 years old or older. Volunteers 17 and younger must have parent consent.
Henry Ford Cancer is not able to accommodate court ordered community service, one-time volunteering, shadowing, and observation requests.
How to get started
Ready to join Henry Ford Cancer volunteer team? Complete the form below and a member of our volunteer engagement team will contact you to provide more information about volunteer opportunities.
Questions: Contact Henry Ford Cancer Volunteer Engagement by calling (313) 556-8738 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patient advisor opportunities
Patients and families also can volunteer their time as a Patient Advisor. Patient Advisors share their healthcare knowledge and experiences to help improve care for current and future patients at Henry Ford Health.
Patient Advisors provide feedback on:
- Clinical/process improvement projects
- Patient-facing materials
- Virtual/digital designs
- Communication strategies
- Research projects
Based on your interests and level of commitment, there are many different opportunities to get involved with our Patient Advisory Program. Learn more about our Patient Advisory Program.