Class is designed for confident students with previous yoga experience.
Heart Catheterization Laboratory
At the Heart and Vascular Institute, we specialize in diagnosing and treating cardiovascular conditions using minimally invasive techniques. Many of these procedures take place in cardiac catheterization labs.
Henry Ford cardiac catheterization laboratory
Our cardiac catheterization laboratory (cardiac cath lab) is a special examination room featuring sophisticated equipment and specially trained staff who carry out procedures using catheters. These thin, spaghetti-like tubes allow us to access your heart and surrounding structures through tiny incisions.
- Advanced techniques: We are the first hospital in Michigan to use the radial approach for the majority of our patients. Using this technique, our interventional cardiologists access your heart using the radial artery in your wrist. Most patients are able to go home the same day as their procedure.
- Round the clock access: Our team of specialists is ready to perform life-saving treatments such as angioplasty any time of the day or night. On average, we perform this procedure within 75 minutes of your arrival to the emergency department.
Our team includes experts with years of experience and special training in performing catheter-based procedures:
- Cardiovascular technologists
- Interventional radiologists
- Nurse practitioners
- Registered cardiovascular invasive specialists (RCIS)
- Vascular medicine specialists
Cardiac catheterization in southeast Michigan
Whether you are experiencing symptoms for the first time or you are preparing for surgery, we expertly deliver an array of tests and procedures:
- Diagnostic procedures: Using special imaging techniques, such as transesophageal echocardiogram, we closely examine your heart and surrounding structures to diagnose your condition and pinpoint the source of your problems.
- Treatments: With dedicated labs throughout southeastern Michigan, our cardiac cath team delivers a broad range of treatments for conditions such as arterial stenosis and heart attacks.
- Lifelong care: We provide care for chronic conditions such as certain congenital heart conditions, which require ongoing monitoring.
Diagnostic tests available in the cardiac cath lab include:
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization
- Coronary ultrasound
Catheter-based treatments (interventions) available in the cardiac cath lab include:
- Right heart cath
- Septal defect closure