Our Approach to Pediatric Rehabilitation
The Henry Ford Macomb difference
Our 45-minute sessions offer intense, one-on-one therapy. The specialized equipment and staff as well as the kid-friendly atmosphere make our program stand out in the region. Offering this innovative program close to home is another advantage to time-stressed parents who no longer need to travel long distances to get the most advanced therapy for their children.
Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals is proud to have physical and occupational therapists as well as speech and language pathologists who are especially trained to work with children. A high level of professionalism, in conjunction with an integrated approach to treatment and a simple love for children give staff a deep dedication their small patients’ success.
Our program offers an interdisciplinary approach including physical, occupational and speech therapy. Using equipment designed for specific diagnoses and play-based therapy which leads to faster progress in our patients.
Some of the equipment/methods used include:
- Aquatic therapy in our innovative pool
- Sensory integration including a wide variety of swings
- Feeding program to help children manipulate food, chew and swallow
- Balls, steps, beads and other “fun” equipment for therapy that mimics play
- Development of fine and gross motor skills, balance, strength and walking
- Lessons in activities of daily living such as dressing, brushing teeth
- Stretching and pediatric massage to help achieve desired outcomes
- Serial casting
We accept most insurance plans. For more information, please call our Chesterfield Rehab Clinic at (586) 421-3030.