Henry Ford Transplant Institute Scientific Symposium
Where is the Future of Transplant Going?
Join us on the Journey
As the most comprehensive transplant program in Michigan, Henry Ford has been forging the way in transplants since 1968. View the presentations from our scientific symposium, covering transplantation of the liver, kidney, heart, lung, pancreas, bone marrow stem cell, intestine and multivisceral organs.
Discover the latest treatments, techniques and trends that will give new hope to tomorrow’s transplant patients.
Premier Sponsors of the Symposium
Marwan S Abouljoud, M.D., FACS, CPE, MMM
Benson Ford Chair, Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgery
Director, Henry Ford Transplant Institute
- "Demystifying UNOS: What’s new and avoiding “FOMO”"
Yolanda T Becker, M.D., FACS, FAST
Director of Kidney and Pancreas Transplant
University of Chicago
Immediate Past President, United Network for Organ Sharing
- "Clinical Translation of Xenotransplantation"
Joseph J Tector, M.D., Ph.D.
Director, Xenotransplant Program
University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine
- “The Challenges of Infectious Complications of Organ Transplantation”
Michael G. Ison, M.D., M.S., FIDSA FAST
Professor, Divisions of Infectious Diseases and Organ Transplantation Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- "Marijuana in Organ Transplantation: It's Complicated"
Michelle Jesse, Ph.D., Henry Ford Health
Kelly Bryce, Ph.D., Henry Ford Health
Liver, Intestine, Kidney, Pancreas Transplant
- "Machine Perfusion: good or overkill?"
Mike Rizzari, M.D., Henry Ford Health
- "Machine perfused kidneys: The University of Miami Experience"
Mariella Goggins, M.D., University of Miami Health System
- "Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Updates and Options"
Reena Salgia, M.D., Henry Ford Health
- "Intestinal Rehabilitation and Transplantation: State of the Art"
Richard Shane Mangus, M.D., Indiana University Health
Heart and Lung Transplant
- "Miracle on Main Street… Heart and Lung Transplantation in the Modern era"
Robert Higgins, M.D., MSHA, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- "Under pressure: State of the Art Diagnosis and Management of PH in 2018"
Sarah Hegab, M.D., Henry Ford Health
- "The ABCDqs of Antibodies in Transplant Recipients"
Gabriel Maine, Ph.D., Henry Ford Health
- "Modern Treatment of Last Century's Bones"
Sudhaker D. Rao, M.D., Henry Ford Health
- "Keeping your skin in the game: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, and Management of Skin Cancers in the Immunosuppressed"
Holly A Kerr, M.D., Henry Ford Health
- "Don’t Bug me: Update on vaccinations, procedural prophylaxis"
George Alangaden, M.D., Henry Ford Health
Stem Cell Transplant
- “Where does CAR T cell Therapy fit in relation to Stem Cell Transplant”
Edward Peres.M.D., Henry Ford Health
- “Nuiances in the treatment of Graft Vs Host Disease”
Shatha Farhan, M.D., Henry Ford Health
- "Post Transplant Lymphoproliferative Disease"
Josephine Emole, M.D., Henry Ford Health
- "Increasing role of Mid-Level Providers in Stem Cell Transplant"
MaryAnn Trapp P.A, Henry Ford Health
Elizabeth Henne P.A, Henry Ford Health
Sara Szymanski N.P., Henry Ford Health
Kenneth Ruemenapp P.A., Henry Ford Health
- “Is my patient ready for kidney transplant”?
A social work primer
Jackie Roman, MSW, Henry Ford Health
- "Implications of narcotics use in the pre-heart transplant patient"
Ginger St. John, MSW, Henry Ford Health