Endovascular aneurysm repair: Why choose Henry Ford?
The Multidisciplinary Aorta Program is one of only two programs in southeast and south central Michigan dedicated to aortic disease. Our vascular surgeons have expertise in the latest minimally invasive techniques to repair aortic aneurysms.
Highlights of our program include:
- Expertise: Our board-certified vascular surgeons are experts in determining whether an endovascular or open approach is the best option for you. We are one of the few centers in Michigan that can perform both open surgery and FEVAR for aneurysms involving the kidney arteries. If you develop complications from an endovascular procedure done elsewhere, we can help.
- Proficiency in emergency aortic surgery: The Multidisciplinary Aorta Program is recognized as a center for emergency surgery to treat complex aortic conditions. Doctors across the Midwest and Canada send their patients to Henry Ford for aortic disease care.
- Innovation: Our vascular surgeons were the first in Michigan to perform EVAR and among the first to perform FEVAR. You’ll receive care from pioneers in research on implants (stent grafts) for aneurysms and the minimally invasive procedures used to place them.
- Teamwork with multiple specialties: Our vascular surgeons, vascular medicine specialists, cardiologists and cardiac surgeons meet once a month to discuss complex aortic cases. Cardiac and vascular surgeons work together during procedures for complex aortic disease.
- Convenient locations for follow-up care: With locations across southeast and south central Michigan, Henry Ford makes it easy for you to see your care team for checkups and monitoring.