Thoracic endovascular aneurysm repair (TEVAR) is a minimally invasive procedure to treat bulges and tears in the upper aorta. Our experienced surgeons lead the way in using TEVAR and have published and researched extensively on its use to treat the upper (thoracic) aorta. Vascular surgeons at Henry Ford Health System perform 50 to 60 TEVAR procedures each year.
Helping such a large number of people means we continue to grow our expertise and can protect you from life-threatening complications. When it comes to complex aortic disease, doctors throughout Michigan trust us to provide their patients with exceptional care.
TEVAR: Why choose Henry Ford?
Henry Ford’s Multidisciplinary Aorta Program is recognized for our excellence with TEVAR. People across Michigan come to our vascular surgeons because we offer:
- Proficiency and experience: Henry Ford is among the few centers in Michigan performing both endovascular procedures and open surgery for complex thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissections. If you develop complications from an endovascular procedure done elsewhere, we can also help. Our vascular surgeons are experts in determining which approach is best for you. If you’ve been told your case is too complicated, consult our expert surgeons.
- Experts in emergency aortic surgery: We’re recognized as a center of emergency surgery for complex aortic conditions . We get you prompt, effective care, providing lifesaving care for all of Michigan.
- Innovation: Our vascular surgeons are developing new ways to treat thoracic aneurysms in areas that previously required open surgery . You’ll receive care from doctors at the forefront of research on minimally invasive aneurysm repair.
- Collaboration among specialties: Our vascular surgeons, vascular medicine specialists, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and thoracic imaging specialists meet once a month to discuss complex aortic disease cases. Cardiac and vascular surgeons work together on aneurysms extending across both sections of the aorta. They also partner on upper aortic dissections and other aortic conditions.
- Convenient locations for follow-up care: Henry Ford makes it easy to see your care team for checkups and monitoring, with locations across southeast and south central Michigan .