Head and Neck Cancer Program
If you have been diagnosed with cancer of the head and neck, you are not alone. Our team treats more than 300 patients from across Michigan, the United States and Canada each year using advanced, effective treatment and surgical options.
- We understand you may be hesitant to come in for a visit. As part of our commitment to provide the safest, most advanced care, we offer virtual care options to get you the head and neck cancer treatment you need.
Why choose Henry Ford?
At the Henry Ford, our specialists focus exclusively on diagnosing and treating head and neck cancers, giving a depth of expertise that’s unparalleled in the region. We understand the challenges of head and neck cancer diagnosis and treatment, and design a plan tailored to your needs.
Highly Qualified Physicians
Rehabilitation & Therapy
Our tumor board is a group of about 15 head and neck cancer experts who, together, review your case and develop your individualized treatment plan. Our tumor board includes experts in surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, speech language pathology, dentistry, nutrition, social work/behavioral health and reconstructive surgery.
We use the most advanced techniques to fight your head and neck cancer. Our specialists are pioneers in treating head and neck cancers with minimally invasive surgeries such as:
We also offer advanced radiation oncology, and individualized drug hormone therapy and chemotherapy to target the cancer and minimize cancer-related symptoms.
Because we are a leader in the field of cancer research, patients often have access to cutting-edge clinical trials for new head and neck cancer treatments. You and your doctor can discuss the possible benefits of a clinical trial for your care.
Head and neck cancer support services
We pride ourselves on providing extensive support to head and neck cancer patients. Some of the support services we provide include:
- Pre- and post-treatment clinics to ensure you are supported in all aspects of care
- Dedicated nurse navigators to arrange your care and answer questions
- Help when you transition home from the hospital
- On-site living arrangements for out-of-town patients who need to stay for treatment
- Our dedicated Head & Neck Cancer Support Group
- Our patient advisory council, which brings together patients and caregivers who have managed head or neck cancer treatment