Expert Pancreatic Cancer Care
Pancreatic cancer is one of the more challenging types of cancer to treat. When you come to Henry Ford Health, you have access to the highest level of care, giving you the best chances for healing.
Our pancreatic cancer center combines internationally renowned expertise with leading therapies. We deliver personalized care that helps more patients achieve a renewed sense of wellbeing.
Why choose Henry Ford’s nationally recognized pancreatic cancer program?
Pancreatic cancer is rare, but at Henry Ford Health, you receive services from trusted world experts who specialize in treating this condition. We are one of Michigan’s most experienced pancreatic cancer programs. Henry Ford is also nationally recognized as a high-volume center. Our experts deliver leading therapies and consistently achieve outstanding results.
Henry Ford is home to leading experts in surgical, medical, and radiation oncology for pancreatic cancer. You benefit from evidence-based methods, some of which our team had a hand in developing. We take time to get to know you as an individual, so you receive the personalized attention you deserve. Meet our team.
Pioneering pancreatic cancer care
Henry Ford has an established history of advancing cancer care through research. We are often among the first pancreatic cancer programs in the nation to bring new therapies to our patients.
- In 2010, we were the first program in Michigan to offer NanoKnife® for the treatment of advanced pancreatic cancers. This technology uses electrical pulses to help destroy pancreas tumors.
- In 2017, we became the first program in the world to offer MRI-guided radiation therapy for inoperable pancreatic tumors.
We are now embarking on our most ambitious effort yet. Our global pancreatic cancer research consortium is bringing together the brightest minds to uncover novel diagnosis and care methods. Learn more about pancreatic cancer clinical trials and research.
- Creating biomarker tests that can detect pancreas cancers earlier
- Devising novel artificial intelligence algorithms that will detect pancreas cancers earlier on imaging tests like CT scans and MRI
- Developing better patient-directed systemic treatments
Pancreatic cancer center of excellence: What to expect
We treat all forms of pancreatic cancer as well as rare and complex tumors. Find out more about the types of pancreatic cancer and tumors we treat.
Pancreatic cancer treatment at Henry Ford includes:
- Best available therapies: You have access to the full range of treatments, including chemotherapy, radiation and surgery. Our participation in clinical trials gives you access to options that are not widely available. Explore pancreatic cancer treatment and support.
- Coordinated services: Our multidisciplinary pancreas team discusses the therapies that are right for your needs before your first appointment. You see multiple specialists and leave with a personalized care plan. Learn more about what to expect from pancreatic cancer care.
- Nurse navigator: A pancreas cancer nurse navigator keeps your care moving forward by coordinating all treatments, imaging and services you need. This individual is also your direct contact for any questions or concerns.
- Supportive care: We offer a range of therapies and services to ease the burden of pancreatic cancer and treatments. Psychologists, dieticians, social workers and others help you push past challenges related to your care. Get more information about supportive care for pancreatic cancer.
- Curative Surgery: Whipple surgery (pancreaticoduodenectomy) is for cancer near the head of the pancreas. This is the widest part of the pancreas near the stomach and small intestine. A Whipple procedure involves removing the tumor, along with a portion of the stomach, small intestine and bile duct.
Refer a patient or request a second opinion
Henry Ford pancreatic cancer experts have maintained strong relationships with community providers for years. We welcome referrals and second opinion inquiries from any provider. The team reviews all cases in a multidisciplinary tumor board, enabling us to provide prompt responses. If additional testing is necessary, we coordinate it. Contact us to refer a patient or request a second opinion.