- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Psychiatry
- Fatima College of Medicine, 1990
Residencies & Internships
- Henry Ford Hospital, Psychiatry, MI, 1999
- Veterans Memorial Medical Center, Psychiatry, 1991
- Wayne State University, Psychiatry, MI, 2000
Doree Ann Espiritu, M.D. did her residency training at Henry Ford Hospital and then went on to pursue a fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry at Wayne State University. Dr. Espiritu serves as a supervisor for the Geriatric Psychiatry rotation. She is also a long term supervisor and a mentor for those residents who are interested in Geriatric psychiatry. Dr. Espiritu's special interests are in Geriatric Psychiatry, Successful Aging, Wellness, Spirituality & Psychiatry, and Women's Health. Her philosophy about teaching residents comes from the phrase "You have to teach to learn". She goes on to say, "Working with residents makes me want to learn more and keep updated with what's new in the field. It allows me to look at medicine in a different perspective and it is very inspiring to think that I could help make a difference in the trainee's career path."