- American Board of Professional Psychology - Psychologist
- Henry Ford Hospital, Psychology, MI, 2013
- Wayne State University, MI, 2012
- Wayne State University, MI, 2008
- Baldwin-Wallace College, OH, 2006
Residencies & Internships
- Henry Ford Hospital, Psychology, MI, 2012
- Director of Psychology Internship, Henry Ford Hospital
- Director of Health Psychology Fellowship, Henry Ford Hospital
- Senior Staff Psychologist, Department of Behavioral Health/Psychiatry
- Assistant Scientist, Center for Health Policy & Health Services Research
Dr. Matero completed her undergraduate degree at Baldwin-Wallace College in Berea, Ohio. She went to Wayne State University for graduate school where she received a doctorate in Clinical Psychology, with a specialization in Health Psychology. Dr. Matero completed her Psychology Internship program at Henry Ford Health System and also completed her Postdoctoral Fellowship in Health Psychology at Henry Ford Health System. She is board certified in Clinical Health Psychology. Her primary clinical and research interests include integrated care, chronic pain, and obesity.
Dr. Matero has funding from Henry Ford Health System to develop and pilot test a brief, psychological intervention for patients with chronic pain delivered in a primary care clinic. She has interests in mindfulness interventions and has been evaluating mindfulness for acute pain and chronic illnesses. She is also interested in psychological and weight outcomes for patients who undergo bariatric surgery. Variables studied include psychological distress, problematic eating behaviors, and alcohol use.