- Minimum score requirements: (Passing on first attempt is highly preferred and will take precedence over those who have more than one attempt)
- USMLE Step 1- 220
- USMLE Step 2 CK- 225
- USMLE Step 2 CS- PASS
- COMLEX Step 1 – 475
- COMLEX Step 2 CE-500
- COMLEX Step 2 PE- Pass
- Graduation cut off year: 2014
- We are not sponsoring visas (EAD or green card)
- Must be ECFMG certified by Rank Order List deadline (February)
- US clinical experience highly preferred but not required
- No medical school interruptions
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (2 must be clinical)
- Research preferred
Resident Selection Process
- All applicants must submit an application through ERAS.
- Applications must be received by November 30th. We will not review any applications received after that date. However, our interview schedule is usually booked by the end of October.
- The Program Director and Associate Program Director review and select applicants that will be invited to interview.
- Interviews are conducted by the Program Director, the Associate Program Director and/or other core teaching faculty and current chief Internal Medicine residents.
- Interviews will take place at Henry Ford Macomb Hospital from October-January.
- The Program Director and Associate Program Director make recommendations for selection to the Department faculty, prior to the match.
- The Match process will follow and uphold all of the NRMP guidelines.
- We do participate in the SOAP if all residency positions do not fill during the Match.
- After the match results are released, the Program Director and Associate Program Director reports those who have matched into our program to the Graduate Medical Education Committee.
- All residents must sign the residency contract provided to them by their Medical Education Specialist within 10 days of the released Match results.
- All residents must have a valid Educational Limited and Controlled Substance License in the State of Michigan on the first day of residency. A valid license must be maintained through the entire residency.
- All applicants must have a valid BLS and ACLS certification on the first day of residency. A valid BLS and ACLS certification must be maintained through the entire residency.
Orientation is a vital step in the onboarding process for all residents here at Henry Ford Macomb and therefore, is a requirement before residency can begin. Orientation dates begin mid-June and go until the start of residency. If offered a position in our program, attendance to all orientation dates is required, no exceptions will be made to this so please plan accordingly. Failure to appear for residency orientation is considered a NRMP Match violation and could have serious consequences. Also, pre-employment screenings, ACLS and BLS courses are also required attendance.