Henry Ford Health System mission statement
To improve people’s lives through excellence in the science and art of health care and healing.
Henry Ford Health System vision statement
Transforming lives and communities through health and wellness, one person at a time
- Quality medical education programs that support our mission of excellence in the science and art of health care and healing
- Flexible, responsive, and innovative medical education programs that anticipate the evolution of the health care environment
Values and behaviors
- Respect and support for all people and life in all of its phases
- High performance and accountability
- Scholarship and collegiality
- Learning and continuous improvement
- A social conscience
It is the mission of the Division of Internal Medicine of Henry Ford Macomb Hospital to provide qualified physicians with a high-quality graduate training program that will enable them to (a) practice the specialty of Internal Medicine, (b) to enter into training in an subspecialty, and/or (c) enter into an academic career in the specialty of internal medicine.
This program focuses on inpatient training with more hospital-based rotations, including the complete range of subspecialty opportunities available at Henry Ford Hospital. This training and experience will prepare the physician for the certification examination in internal medicine. Education, not service, is the primary purpose of this residency program. The graduation of well-trained, well-rounded, competent, compassionate Internal Medicine physicians is our priority.