Henry Ford Health Mission Statement
To improve people's lives through excellence in the science and art of health care and healing - Each Patient First.
Henry Ford Macomb General Surgery Mission Statement
The General Surgery Residency program endeavors to create an outstanding community hospital learning environment to train residents to deliver compassionate, high quality patient care. The program will encourage and guide young physicians to achieve academic and clinical excellence. Our program will provide a patient-centered, evidence-based, educational experience within a community hospital setting in order to assist our residents to achieve their maximum potential.
General Surgery Program Aims
The aim of our program is to graduate compassionate, competent and professional surgeons that will contribute positively to their patients’ lives and their communities. The program aims to graduate surgeons who are interested in practicing in the community hospital environment, offering understanding of and compassion for the specific health care needs of their community
- We strive for a program that is flexible, responsive, and innovative, while anticipating the evolution of health care.
Values and behaviors
- Respect and support for all people and life in all of its phases
- High performance and accountability
- Scholarship and collegiality
- Learning and continuous improvement
- A social conscience