Henry Ford Health System mission statement
To improve people's lives through excellence in the science and art of health care and healing - Each Patient First.
- Quality medical education programs that support our mission of excellence in the science and art of health care and healing
- Flexible, responsive, and innovative osteopathic medical education programs that anticipate the evolution of the health care environment
Values and behaviors
- Respect and support for all people and life in all of its phases
- High performance and accountability
- Scholarship and collegiality
- Learning and continuous improvement
- A social conscience
It is the mission of the Departments of Surgery of Henry Ford Macomb Hospital to provide qualified osteopathic physicians with a high-quality graduate training program that will enable them to (a) practice the specialty of General Surgery, (b) to enter into training in a surgical subspecialty, and/or (c) enter into an academic career in the specialty of surgery. This training and experience will prepare the physician for certification examination. Education, not service, is the primary purpose of this residency program. The program ensures medical students, residents, faculty, physicians, governing boards, certifying boards, funding agencies and the public that the training and education provided by this program is of high quality and was supervised by a competent teaching staff. The graduation of well-trained, well-rounded, competent, compassionate General Surgeons is our priority.