Peripheral Vascular Surgery
Duration: 4 - 8 weeks
Period offered: All
Distribution of student's time:
35% inpatient care
50% outpatient care
Enrollment/Period: 2 maximum, upon availability
Prerequisites: Completion of core clerkship in Surgery, July - May
- Increase student involvement in conferences, journal clubs.
- Increase student use/review of the medical literature.
- Quality of care given
- Participation and performance in conferences
- Level of knowledge
- Level of skills
Methods to be used in student evaluation:
- Observation of performance by faculty and house officers
- Assessment of write-ups/reports
The Division of Vascular Surgery is active with a heavy patient load. The variety of vascular problems seen is wide. The student sees patients prior to operation. He/she will participate in conferences in which arteriogram, aortograms and special studies are reviewed. The student participates in the operative procedures and then observes the postoperative care. Rounds are made daily with staff participation and teaching.