Sleep Disorders Medicine
Duration: 4 weeks
Distribution of student's time:
80% outpatient care
Enrollment/Period: 1 maximum, upon availability
Prerequisites: Must be 4th-year medical student. Completion of core clerkship in Medicine and Psychiatry, July - May
- Enhance knowledge and skills pertaining to interviewing, physical examination, interpretation of data, clinical diagnosis of polysomnograms and therapy.
- Increase knowledge base on sleep medicine.
- Increase student involvement in conferences, journal clubs.
- Quality of care given
- Participation and performance in conferences
- Level of knowledge
- Level of skills
Methods to be used in student evaluation:
- Observation of performance by faculty
- Assessment of write-ups/reports
Students are introduced to the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of sleep disorders. This rotation includes the office evaluation of sleep disorder patients, interpretation of polysomnograms and participation in treatment of these patients.