The goals of the rotation:
- To provide an environment in which a fourth year medical student may gain knowledge of emergency medicine
- To provide an environment in which students under supervision may learn and perform procedures.
- To prepare students who are interested in pursuing careers in Emergency Medicine.
- To emphasize clinical teaching at the bedside by close one-on-one supervision with a senior resident or a teaching attending.
The goals for the student:
- To demonstrate the ability to take an accurate, focused history and physical in the acute care setting
- To demonstrate the ability to formulate treatment plans and manage the acutely ill patient.
- To demonstrate professionalism while working as part of a team in the acute care setting.
- The opportunity to perform emergency medicine procedures under the direct supervision of board-certified emergency medicine physicians.
- To demonstrate knowledge of Emergency Medicine.
- To demonstrate basic interpretations of imaging, lab results, and other ancillary studies