- American Board of Radiology - Diagnostic Radiology
- Guntur Medical College, 1991
Residencies & Internships
- Michigan State University, Diagnostic Radiology, MI, 2002
- Hurley Medical Center, MI, 1998
- Government General Hospital, AP, 1993
- Henry Ford Hospital, Body Imaging-Rad., MI, 2004
Dr. Sabala Mandava completed her radiology residency at Michigan State University-Flint Area Medical Education and her Women's Imaging fellowship at Henry Ford Hospital. Her practice is devoted to breast imaging and a proponent of the multidisciplinary and patient-centric approach to breast cancer detection and treatment. Dr. Mandava was fellowship director for Breast Imaging from 2011-2018. She has coauthored two books on Breast Imaging and is a co-investigator on several multi-institution clinical trials.
Dr. Mandava has a special interest in national and international outreach to improve medical imaging and radiology services to under-served populations across the globe. She has participated in volunteer missions to Nicaragua and Ethiopia and continues to work to improve radiology services in global health initiatives. She also enjoys reading and spending time with her husband and two children.
Adjunct modalities to mammography for breast cancer detection.