- American Board of Radiology - Diagnostic Radiology
- Guntur Medical College, 1991
Residencies & Internships
- Michigan State University Flint, Diagnostic Radiology, MI, 2002
- Hurley Medical Center, Transitional Internship, MI, 1998
- Government General Hospital, AP, 1993
- Henry Ford Hospital, Women's Imaging, MI, 2004
Dr. Sabala Mandava is the division head of breast imaging and was the fellowship director for the breast imaging fellowship from 2011 – 2019. She completed her residency at Michigan State University-Flint Area Medical Education and her fellowship in women's imaging at Henry Ford Health System.
Her practice is devoted to the early detection of breast cancer using state-of-the-art imaging and the most current national guidelines. She is passionate about patient-centric care and educating and empowering women about their healthcare options.
Dr. Mandava is a champion for, and committed to, diversity, equity and inclusion within the healthcare system and reducing the healthcare disparities among women and minorities. She was appointed by the governor to the State of Michigan Women’s Commission in 2020 to evaluate and improve the needs of the women of Michigan.
In her free time, Dr. Mandava enjoys reading, traveling and spending time with her husband and two children.
- Division Head - Breast Imaging
Dr. Mandava has co-authored two books on breast imaging and is a co-investigator on several multinational clinical trials evaluating new techniques for the early detection of breast cancer. Her roles also include serving on several committees for national radiology organizations.
Awards and Honors
- Member, State of Michigan Women's Commission (2020)
- Chair, Refresher Course ASC Committee of the Radiological Society of North America
During the height of the pandemic, breast cancer screenings dropped by 60%. This sharp drop is concerning, as early detection is so important.
More breast cancer screening recommendations mean more confusion for women, particularly those in their 40s, about when to begin regular mammograms.
For many women, a mammogram can be a nerve-wracking experience full of ‘what-if’s’ and unknowns. But knowing what to expect can often put anxious minds at ease. An expert shares how to make your next mammogram go as smoothly as possible.
Henry Ford Hospital
Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital Radiology
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital - Clinton Township
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital