- American Board of Dermatology - Dermatology
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
- University of Michigan, MI, 1980
Residencies & Internships
- Strong Memorial Hospital, Dermatology, NY, 1987
- University of Michigan, Pediatrics, MI, 1983
Dr Shwayder was educated at Harvard, University of Michigan, University of Rochester in Pediatrics, Dermatology and Pediatric Dermatology. He is triple boarded. His practice is almost exclusively in Pediatric Dermatology and has been at Henry Ford Hospital for the last thirty years. His expertise includes childhood eczema, psoriasis, all itchy red scaly diseases, birthmarks of all types, epidermolysis bullosa, ichthyosis, and almost anything else that shows up on the skin of children. In addition Dr Shwayder has a degree from the Royal Academy of Music in London England (as a violin instructor) andplays with local community orchestras. Dr Shwayder is a licensed pilot with VFR, IFR and complex engine ratings.
Director of Pediatric Dermatology