- American Board of Dermatology - Dermatology
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
- University of Michigan, MI, 1980
Residencies & Internships
- Strong Memorial Hospital, Dermatology, NY, 1987
- University of Michigan, Pediatrics, MI, 1983
Director of Pediatric Dermatology
Dr. Tor Shwayder was educated at Harvard University, the University of Michigan and the University of Rochester, and is triple boarded in pediatrics, dermatology and pediatric dermatology. His practice is almost exclusively in pediatric dermatology and has been at Henry Ford Hospital for the last thirty years.
His expertise includes:
- Childhood eczema
- Itchy, red and scaly diseases
- Birthmarks of all types
- Epidermolysis bullosa
- Pediatric skin conditions
Dr. Shwayder has a degree from the Royal Academy of Music in London, England as a violin instructor and plays with local community orchestras. He is also a licensed pilot with VFR, IFR and complex engine ratings.