Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Dermatology - Dermatology
- American Board of Dermatology - Pediatric Dermatology
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
- University of Michigan, MI, 1980
- Strong Memorial Hospital, Dermatology, NY, 1987
- University of Michigan, Pediatrics, MI, 1983
Director, Pediatric Dermatology
Dr. Shwayder has practice Pediatric Dermatology at HFH since 1987. He is board certified in Pediatrics, Dermatology and Pediatric Dermatology. He specializes in all skin related disorders that affect children and adolescents. His particular interests are in: Eczemas, Ichthyoses (scaly skin disorders), Hemangiomas, Vascular malformations, Blistering disorders, Genetic disorders, Birthmarks, Baby rashes, Moles, Acne, etc. He really does not mind screaming kids and worried mothers in small rooms for long periods of time.
He also has a degree in violin instruction from the Royal Academy of Music (London England) and is a licensed pilot with IFR, advanced engine and retractable gear ratings.
Awards and Honors:
- Hour Magazine Top Doc for over 20 years in a row
- President Michigan Dermatological Society 2010
Videos And Article
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital