- American Board of Ophthalmology - Ophthalmology
- Southeast University Medical College, 1982
Residencies & Internships
- University of Michigan, Ophthalmology, MI, 1997
- St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Rotating Internship, MI, 1994
- Southeast University Medical College, Ophthalmology, 1985
Dr. Zhang has a two time training in ophthalmology residency: one was in China in late 1980, and the other was at the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Kellogg Eye Center in the 1990s. He is a busy and high quality refractive cataract surgery physician. He performs special premium implants for cataract surgery, including laser cataract surgery. Dr. Zhang is a very skillful cataract surgeon with a very high quality of surgery and nationally recognized research publications.
Dr. Zhang also has a specially designed surgery plan that will be able to save patients a great deal of out-of-pocket money, while still enjoying very high satisfaction surgery results without postoperative glasses. Dr. Zhang has an excellent cataract surgery reputation. He is also a comprehensive ophthalmologist treating glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and other common eye diseases medically and surgically.
If you are looking for excellent cataract surgery without spending too much out-of-pocket money, come see Dr. Zhang at Taylor Supervision Center.
My care philosophy is to provide my patients with the best possible quality eye care and treat them with compassion in a professional and ethical manner.
- Frequent invited speaker as an expert by American Academy Ophthalmology and ASCRS for cataract surgery implant mono vision to help patients see both far and near without glasses.
- Frequent invited reviewer by prestigious Journal of Cataract an Refractive Surgery.
- Numerous publications at the top cataract surgery journal (Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery) in the subject of implant mono vision cataract surgery.
- Numerous presentations at national and international cataract surgery conferences.
- Program director, Current Concepts in the Management of Ocular Diseases. Third Annual Continuing Education Seminar for Optometrists in Metro Detroit. September 18, 2011.
- Program director, Current Concepts in the Management of Ocular Diseases. Second Annual Continuing Education Seminar for Optometrists in Metro Detroit. September 19, 2010.
- Program director, New Concepts in Ocular Diseases and Management. Continuing Education Seminar for Optometrist in Metro Detroit September 20, 2009.
- Presentation Award. Parikh, N. M.D. , Zhang, F. M.D. "Patient Satisfaction and Comparison of Modified Monovision with Restor IOL. 2008 ASCRS. April 4-9, 2008. Chicago.
- Outstanding Alumni Academy, Department of Blind Rehabilitation, Western Michigan University, In Recognition of Professional Excellence and Civic Leadership, April 12, 2002.
- Honor of a founder of the first Alumni Academy Scholars, Department of Blind Rehabilitation, Western Michigan University, April, 2002.
- The Walter R. Parker Resident Teaching Award, 19976t. The University of Michigan. Department of Ophthalmology, Kellogg Eye Center.
- Excellence in Teaching, Montana School for the Deaf and the Blind, 1991-1993.
- John Halamazian Scholarship, and award honoring outstanding students, Western Michigan University, 1990.
- Excellent Student Honors at Medical School, 1980, 1981, and 1982.
The Zhang Endowed Scholarship for Blindness and Low Vision Studies, Western Michigan University, April 2003-present.