Find ways to add superfoods to your diet as a nutritious and tasty way to have a healthier heart.
When you are at risk for heart disease, getting expert care can make all the difference. At Henry Ford Heart & Vascular, our cardiologists are part of a large team of cardiovascular experts. Using advanced techniques and the best available treatments, we treat all types of heart conditions.
Expert heart care in southeast and south central Michigan
Whether you have a family history of heart disease or your just started feeling symptoms – like shortness of breath and dizziness – the heart specialists at Henry Ford quickly diagnose your condition.
- Some patients are referred to us by primary care doctors because they are experiencing heart disease symptoms.
- We work with healthy people to lower their risk for developing heart problems later on. Learn more about heart disease prevention at Henry Ford.
- We also work with people recovering from heart surgery and serious conditions such as stroke. Learn more about cardiac rehabilitation.
As a referral center, we see patients from all over the Midwest. You can relax knowing that you can go back to seeing doctors in your community after you start feeling better.
A cardiologist is a doctor who specializes in caring for heart conditions. With clinics across southeastern and south central Michigan, we make it easy for you to get the care you need. Here’s what to expect on your first visit:
- Review of your family health history
- Questions about your symptoms (if any), medical history and lifestyle
- A thorough physical exam where we check things like your blood pressure, weight, and current heart functioning
- We may also perform simple tests such as blood screening to check your cholesterol levels
- We may also send you for advanced testing such as an echocardiogram or a closer look at your heart rhythm at one of our specialized testing labs. Learn more about heart disease diagnosis in our EP lab and cardiac cath lab.
Specialized care for cardiovascular disease
Depending on the results of your initial visit and testing, you may receive ongoing care from our cardiologists or we may refer you to one of our specialists. These doctors have advanced training in diagnosing and treating complex forms of heart and vascular care.
- Our Advanced Heart Failure Program is one of few in Michigan offering specialized care to patients with end-stage heart failure.
- The Center for Structural Heart Disease specializes in minimally invasive treatment for heart and valve defects.
- Our atrial fibrillation experts care for heart arrhythmias using innovate treatment options based on your symptoms and may include medication, cardioversion, ablation or a pacemaker.
- The Multidisciplinary Aorta Program offers life saving treatments using the best available devices, including fenestrated endovascular aneurysm repair (FEVAR)
- As heart surgery experts, we offer a comprehensive range of surgical treatments, including catheter-based procedures and robotic surgery. Henry Ford has achieved one of the highest success rates in the world for a minimally invasive procedure that treats completely blocked arteries.
- Our cardiac experts have knowledge in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac sarcoid and work within the Multidisciplinary Sarcoidosis Clinic to create a personalized treatment plan for you.
- Our heart team works closely with specialists within the Multidisciplinary Amyloidosis Clinic to offer expertise in diagnosing amyloidosis and providing the most advanced treatments available.
- The experts in our Cardio-oncology Clinic work closely with specialists in the Henry Ford Cancer to ensure that you can get the most effective cancer care while optimizing your heart function.
The cozy cardio trend combines comfort and fitness, but is it beneficial? Learn about cozy cardio and its role in your exercise routine.
The technology and treatments involved in caring for your heart are always changing. Here, several cardiologists break down ways heart care is at the forefront of patient care and provide insight to new developments in heart treatment and research.
Understanding what the numbers on your cholesterol panel mean can help you and your doctor take action towards improving your overall health.
After being immediately treated at Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, the father of four was back on the running trail within a week.
National Cardiogenic Shock Initiative Study Results Show Significant Increase in Heart Attack Survival
Protocol developed by Henry Ford Health cardiologists leading unprecedented nationwide research.