A video visit with your doctor can be scheduled through MyChart. This offers the same high quality healthcare expertise from your doctor, with the added convenience of not having to travel to the doctor’s office.
Cardiology Heart Care
When you are at risk for heart disease, getting expert care can make all the difference. At the Heart & Vascular Institute, our cardiologists are part of a large team of cardiovascular experts. Using advanced techniques and the best available treatments, we treat all types of heart conditions.
Take our interactive online heart disease health risk assessment today to learn exactly what areas of your heart health need attention.
Expert cardiology care in southeast and south central Michigan
Whether you have a family history of heart disease or your just started feeling symptoms – like shortness of breath and dizziness – the heart specialists at Henry Ford quickly diagnose your condition.
- Some patients are referred to us by primary care doctors because they are experiencing heart disease symptoms.
- We work with healthy people to lower their risk for developing heart problems later on. Learn more about heart disease prevention at Henry Ford.
- We also work with people recovering from heart surgery and serious conditions such as stroke. Learn more about cardiac rehabilitation.
As a referral center, we see patients from all over the Midwest. You can relax knowing that you can go back to seeing doctors in your community after you start feeling better.
A cardiologist is a doctor who specializes in caring for heart conditions. With clinics across southeastern and south central Michigan, we make it easy for you to get the care you need. Here’s what to expect on your first visit:
- Review of your family health history
- Questions about your symptoms (if any), medical history and lifestyle
- A thorough physical exam where we check things like your blood pressure, weight, and current heart functioning
- We may also perform simple tests such as blood screening to check your cholesterol levels
- We may also send you for advanced testing such as an echocardiogram or a closer look at your heart rhythm at one of our specialized testing labs. Learn more about heart disease diagnosis in our EP lab and cardiac cath lab.
Specialized care for cardiovascular disease
When you come to the Henry Ford Heart & Vascular Institute, you gain access to experts in every aspect of coronary heart disease. Depending on the results of your initial visit and testing, you may receive ongoing care from our cardiologists or we may refer you to one of our specialists. These doctors have advanced training in diagnosing and treating complex forms of heart and vascular care.
- Our Advanced Heart Failure Program is one of few in Michigan offering specialized care to patients with end-stage heart failure.
- The Center for Structural Heart Disease specializes in minimally invasive treatment for heart and valve defects.
- Our atrial fibrillation experts care for heart arrhythmias using innovative treatments such as the LARIAT™ procedure.
- The Multidisciplinary Aorta Program offers life saving treatments using the best available devices, including fenestrated endovascular aneurysm repair (FEVAR)
- As heart surgery experts, we offer a comprehensive range of surgical treatments, including catheter-based procedures and robotic surgery. Henry Ford has achieved one of the highest success rates in the world for a minimally invasive procedure that treats completely blocked arteries.
- Our cardiac experts have knowledge in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac sarcoid and work within the Multidisciplinary Sarcoidosis Clinic to create a personalized treatment plan for you.
- Our heart team works closely with specialists within the Multidisciplinary Amyloidosis Clinic to offer expertise in diagnosing amyloidosis and providing the most advanced treatments available.
- The experts in our Cardio-oncology Clinic work closely with specialists in the Henry Ford Cancer Institute to ensure that you can get the most effective cancer care while optimizing your heart function.