Frequently Asked Questions
- How is emergency care covered?
- What do I do if I don’t have a Henry Ford Health System provider yet and I need care now?
- What do I do if I have a Henry Ford Health System provider and need care now for a non-emergency?
- How do I know if my provider is Level 1?
- What services are offered at Henry Ford Medical Centers? Do I have to go to a hospital for specialty care and ambulatory surgery?
- How do I get a same-day or next-day appointment?
- I’ve never seen a Henry Ford Health System provider, how do I transfer my records from another system to my new provider?
- How do I connect with my provider on Henry Ford MyChart?
- Why aren’t all providers on Henry Ford MyChart?
- What’s the difference between henryford.com/gm and henryford.com?
- Who will administer prescription drug and behavioral health coverage for members enrolled the ConnectedCare: Henry Ford Health System option?
For additional information about the ConnectedCare: Henry Ford Health System plan option, please visit GM’s FAQ document for extensive plan details.
Additional Patient Resources
Virtual care options for MyChart users
Virtual care, also called telemedicine, is the future of healthcare. Connect with your Henry Ford doctor through your Henry Ford MyChart account on your mobile device or computer without having to leave home or work. We offer six virtual care options for you to access internal medicine, family medicine, pediatric, dermatology, behavioral health, and international travel medicine providers, to name a few. Learn more about our virtual care options.
Resources for caregivers
Are you the primary caregiver for a loved one or friend? Caregivers are special people who devote a lot of time and effort to make sure their friend or family member gets the care they need and deserve. We believe the caregiver is a valuable member of the patient’s health care team. Visit the Henry Ford C.A.R.E. Program web page to find out more about caregiver programs and services:
- Caregiver Classes
- Caregiver Support Groups
- Art Therapy for Caregivers
- Dance for Parkinson’s Disease classes
- Caregiver Binders
- Advance Care Planning
- Resources in your community
- Caregiver Concierge Consultations – free, one-on-one telephone or in-person meetings with a Henry Ford caregiving expert to help you care for your loved one and yourself with confidence.
LGBTQ health resources
Find health information relating to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer communities.
Our transgender health team offers comprehensive and affirming healthcare for transgender patients, including primary care, gender-affirming hormones and more.
Advance care planning
Providing information and tools to assist patients and families with end-of-life planning, decisions and documentation. The reality is that too many of us spend our last days in ways we would never choose. Expressing our end-of-life wishes relieves our families and loved ones from the burden of making tough decisions for us. Learn more about Advance care planning.