One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime. Learn how to protect yourself and why an annual skin cancer screening is so vital.
Convenient ways you can engage with a Henry Ford doctor any time, any place you need care.
Types of virtual care:
What is a Video Visit?
- A Video Visit is a convenient, secure way to video chat with a Henry Ford doctor using your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- No more worrying about how you will get into the doctor’s office when you’re sick, or it’s bad weather out or you can’t leave work. Just connect with your camera-enabled desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone, and there is a Henry Ford doctor waiting to help you.
What if you wake up sick and need care now?
- Try Video Visits On Demand – a convenience service through MyChart. This service allows you to video chat with a Henry Ford doctor whenever you need care.
This is not for medical emergencies; If you think you are having an emergency call 911 or get to the nearest emergency room.
Looking for a convenient way to see your doctor for a routine or follow-up visit?
- Try a Scheduled Video Visit – a convenience service through MyChart. This is a video appointment scheduled through your doctor’s office for routine or follow-up care. Ask your doctor if you are a candidate for a Scheduled Video Visit.
Access multiple specialists from a convenient Henry Ford location
- Clinic-to-Clinic Video Visits – a great option if the Henry Ford specialist you need is not available at a clinic near you when you need an appointment. This is a scheduled appointment, you will go to a local clinic that is convenient to you and be connected via secure video to a specialist at another location.
Post-Op recovery visits from your home
- Virtual Post-Op Visits - allow you to streamline your recovery from the comfort of your home
- After a surgery or procedure, coordinate your recovery using a MyChart Virtual Post-Op questionnaire from your care team. Only available for limited surgeries and procedures.
- E-Visits give you access to many Henry Ford providers for non-urgent requests.
- Through MyChart, you can submit your symptoms through an online form to your doctor. You should receive a response within one business day with a prescription or advice.
- Through MyChart Messaging, you can email your doctor and get answers to your medical questions from the comfort of your home.
Communicating with your doctor online is safe, secure and convenient.
Need medical advice now?
- The MyCare Advice Line, available 24/7, is for current Henry Ford patients for non-emergency medical advice for no charge. Speak to a Henry Ford registered nurse about when and where you can go for care.
- Advice includes recommendations on:
- sick-child/sick-adult care
- medication questions
- self-care tips
- assistance deciding next steps for care.
Monitor your chronic condition from home
- Henry Ford at Home’s Telehealth Remote Monitoring is a personal, in-home monitoring program that combines in-home technology with home health services to help you better manage your chronic conditions. Participation in our telehealth monitoring program may help prevent avoidable visits to the emergency department and hospitalizations while improving your quality of life.
Prefer to see a doctor in person?
Please refer to our same-day care options to get you seen right away.