Watch this two-minute video to see how easy it is to use the Mobile MyChart app from your mobile device for a MyChart Video Visit.Watch Now
Telemedicine from Home or Work
Access healthcare without disrupting your schedule
Virtual Care, also called telemedicine or telehealth, is the future of healthcare. Connect with your Henry Ford doctor on your mobile device or computer without having to leave home or work.
More than 1,000 of our patients have taken advantage of Virtual Care options so far. You can access expert internal medicine, family medicine, pediatric and dermatology care for an ever-growing list of conditions without interrupting your daily life. Some of the benefits our patients have experienced include:
- Less time off work to go to the doctor
- Reduced drive time and gas money
- No contact with coughing and sneezing patients in the waiting room
We offer six Virtual Care options for your convenience.
Secure private messaging and monitoring
These options benefit patients who need care for acute conditions that aren’t emergencies, such as back pain, mild rashes or allergic reactions or sinus problems.
- e-Visits: Log in to your MyChart account using the MyChart website, click the “Begin an e-visit” button and fill out an online questionnaire based on your symptoms. Your answers will be sent securely to your doctor, who will assess your responses and get back to you within one business day. Some insurance plans cover e-Visits. If yours doesn’t, you’ll be charged just $35 for the visit. Based on your symptoms, the doctor may request to see you. If you come to a clinic to be seen for your symptoms, you won’t be charged for your e-Visit.
- MyChart messaging: This is an easy option for questions that pop up after you leave the doctor’s office or about ongoing care. Your doctor will answer you securely in MyChart.
- Virtual post-op visits: Instead of going to the clinic for follow-up after certain procedures, you can fill out a questionnaire in MyChart based on your needs and recovery. You can even upload images of a wound or incision site for your doctor to examine. The doctor will assess and respond securely in MyChart.
- Remote monitoring: This option is for people with chronic health concerns who need ongoing monitoring at home. Patients in this program track their vital signs and conditions daily on easy-to-use wireless devices and answer questions about their health and how they are feeling.
Video telehealth options
If you want to visit with your doctor in real-time but can’t get to their office, a scheduled video visit may work for you. Video virtual care is available for many conditions that don’t require a physical exam. We offer two video options:
- Clinic-to-clinic telemedicine visit: This is similar to a regularly scheduled appointment, but you will go to one clinic and be connected via secure video to a doctor at another clinic. You’ll check in and be shown to an exam room, and a Henry Ford team member will connect you to the doctor in real time.
- MyChart video visit: In this scheduled appointment, you don’t have to come to the clinic at all. You can schedule a video visit with your doctor and have the visit from home, your office or any other location in which you feel comfortable using your laptop or desktop computer (with a web camera) or the MyChart mobile app from your smartphone or tablet (with camera).
- Learn more about how to download the MyChart app
- Learn more about how to have a video visit with your doctor through the MyChart app
An after-visit summary will appear in your MyChart past appointment section following your video visit. The audio and video from the visit is not recorded. Your doctor’s front desk team can help you schedule a video appointment. Just call or stop by!
Some exclusions apply. These visits are not for medical emergencies. Ask your doctor if you’re a candidate for Virtual Care. If you are driving during a MyChart video visit, your doctor will end the video visit immediately.
Frequently asked questions about Virtual Care
Can I do a Virtual Care visit for any health condition?
- Anxiety follow-up
- Back pain
- Coughs and sinus problems
- Diabetes follow-up
- Eye irritation
- Hypothyroid follow-up
- Rashes and allergic reactions
- Upper respiratory infection
- Pediatric care, such as abdominal pain, allergies, constipation, breathing concerns and rashes
- Urinary problems
- Vaginal discharge or irritation
More service lines and conditions are added to the list regularly. Ask your doctor if your next visit is appropriate for Virtual Care.
Do I have to be a current patient to use Virtual Care?
Yes. You must have an active MyChart account. You must use the web version of MyChart to access eVisits. Video visits also can be accessed through the MyChart app. You must have seen the provider within the last two years to engage in an e-Visit.
Can I do virtual care anytime, anywhere?
Basically, yes! You can do MyChart video visits, secure messaging and e-Visits from any private location with your mobile device or computer as long as you are a current patient. Driving during a video visit is unsafe and is not recommended. Your doctor will end the visit if you are unable to safely park to participate.
Keep in mind that video visits must be scheduled in advance. Please note that the doctor must be medically licensed in the state that you are located in at the time of your visit. Your doctor’s front desk staff can help review and schedule a video visit if you’re eligible.
What equipment do I need for a video visit?
To do a video visit, you must have access to the MyChart Mobile app or be able to log in to MyChart online. You also will need one of the following devices, plugged in or fully charged:
- Mobile device with iOs 8.0 or higher (iPhone) or Android 4.0 or higher for the MyChart mobile app
- Computer/laptop with web camera with for the MyChart website