Video Visits On Demand
Get healthcare from a Henry Ford doctor, anywhere, anytime you need it.
When you’re sick, seeing your regular primary care doctor is always the best option, but life doesn’t always make that possible. Between busy schedules, illnesses and injuries, you might not be able to get into the doctor’s office when you need care. That’s why we offer Henry Ford Video Visits On Demand.
A Video Visits On Demand is a convenient way to connect online with a Henry Ford, board-certified, doctor right from your smartphone, tablet or computer with a web camera. It all begins through your MyChart account.
Video Visits On Demand is a convenient way to reach a Henry Ford doctor:
- Video Visits are not on demand at this time. Available Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- For any patient 2 years old or older
- The cost is $29, regardless of your insurance coverage, paid by credit card or HSA (pre-payment required before connecting with a doctor
How to start a Video Visit On Demand:
- Log in to your MyChart account (if you do not have a MyChart account, request one here or call (800) 436-7936 and say "MyChart Account" for immediate assistance) to begin a Video Visit On Demand.
- Video Visits are available from anywhere in Michigan with one of our caring, expert doctors.
- After signing in to MyChart, click on “Video Visits On Demand” to begin the process.
Download the MyChart app for your smartphone or tablet from the Apple App Store or the Google Play store.
How Video Visits On Demand work:
- Our Video Visits On Demand doctors are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Video Visits On Demand is for immediate care only, not scheduled video visits with your primary care provider or specialist.
- You must have an internet-connected device with a working webcam and microphone in order to engage in a Video Visit On Demand. The service is optimized for use with smartphones and tablets (both Android and Apple devices). If you are on a desktop or laptop computer, you must use either Chrome or Internet Explorer as your web browser to access Video Visits On Demand.
- An after-visit summary of your video visit on demand appointment will appear in your MyChart account under the “Past Appointments” section.
- The audio and video from the visit is not recorded.
Some exclusions apply.
- These visits are not for medical emergencies.
- If you are driving during a video visit on demand, your doctor will end the video visit immediately for your safety.
- Video Visits are available for patients located in the state of Michigan only at this time.
Read our Video Visits On Demand FAQs