Neurology and Neurosurgery
The Henry Ford Departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery offer some of the most advanced therapies for neurological conditions. We emphasize collaborative care, with multiple doctors working together to manage each patient’s treatment. Our patient-centered approach results in exceptional care from prevention through rehabilitation.
Conditions we treat
Specialized centers of care
Henry Ford is nationally recognized for its dedicated specialty centers focusing on research, care and treatment of neurological disorders. At these centers, patients receive the most advanced care possible from a team of experts who have focused their careers on diagnosing and treating these conditions.
- Epilepsy Center: Our epilepsy specialists–neurologists, neurosurgeons, imaging specialists (radiologists), mental health specialists (neuropsychologists) and others–work together to diagnose and treat epilepsy and seizure disorders. Learn More
- Hermelin Brain Tumor Center: You will find compassion and ongoing support from experienced brain tumor specialists. Our team of doctors and nurses offers everything you and your family need for a brain tumor: rapid diagnosis, personalized care and expert brain tumor treatment. Learn More
- Movement Disorders Center: The team at the Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Center at Henry Ford has decades of experience diagnosing and treating Parkinson's disease, tremor, dystonia and other movement disorders. We are actively involved in the investigation of new medical and surgical therapies, and offer patients the opportunity to participate in these clinical trials. Learn More
- Neurodegenerative Diseases Center: Neurodegenerative diseases occur when nervous system cells (neurons) in the brain and spinal cord begin to deteriorate. Doctors at the Neurodegenerative Diseases Center specialize in conditions such as ALS, multiple sclerosis, myasthenia gravis, normal pressure hydrocephalus, Alzheimer’s disease, and other cognitive disorders. Learn More
- Neuroregeneration Research Center: Neuroscientists at the Henry Ford Neuroregeneration Research Center have pioneered the field of neuroregeneration, sometimes called neurorestoration, research. This research seeks to develop new drug and cell therapies that work to remodel and restore the brain and spinal cord after stroke, injury and disease. Learn More
- Spine and Neurotrauma Center: Most people will have some sort of back pain at some point in their lives. Most back or neck pain isn’t serious and will go away on its own or with rest, over-the-counter pain medications, and time. But if you have severe or persistent back or neck pain, it may be a sign of a more serious condition. Learn More
- Stroke and Neurovascular Disease Center: Every 40 seconds someone has a stroke, making it the leading cause of adult disability in the United States. The experts at Henry Ford Stroke Center are ready round the clock to diagnose and begin treatment in minutes. And when it comes to treating stroke, not all emergency rooms are the same. Learn More