- American Board of Internal Medicine - Hematology
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology
- Christian Medical College/Hospital, 1989
Residencies & Internships
- Henry Ford Hospital, Internal Medicine, MI, 1999
- Christian Medical College/Hospital, Internal Medicine, 1993
- Mayo Clinic Department of Ophthalmology, Hematology/Oncology, MN, 2002
I specialize in Hematology, Hemophilia and General Cancer Care
Dr. Kuriakose attended medical school at Christian Medical College in India. He completed his post-graduate training at Christian Medical College & Brown Memorial Hospital in India as well as Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan. Dr. Kuriakose then completed a fellowship in hematology/oncology at the Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic in Florida. Currently Dr. Kuriakose is a senior staff physician, Henry Ford Cancer Institute at Henry Ford Health System, the medical director of the Hemophilia Treatment Center (Region V) at Henry Ford Hospital and an assistant professor at Wayne State University Medical School.
My goal is to provide each patient with wholesome and optimal individual care within the context of the current knowledge in medicine, always being aware of each patient's personal situation. My clinical interests include leukemias, lymphomas and disorders of bleeding and thrombosis. I am also interested in solid tumors other than head, neck and brain.
Awards and Honors
Dr. Kuriakose is the principal investigator in multiple clinical trials. He has published numerous articles and presented and lectured at events across the United States. He is a member of many professional groups including the American College of Physicians, American Medical Association, American Society of Clinical Oncologists and Southwest Oncology Group.