DETROIT – Henry Ford Health System has added new drop-off locations for businesses and organizations looking to donate new and unused medical supplies. Donated supplies can be taken to the shipping and receiving docks at these locations:
- Henry Ford Health System corporate offices, 1 Ford Place, Detroit, between Second and Third streets, 3 ½ blocks south of West Grand Boulevard. 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday – Friday; 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Sundays.
- Henry Ford Allegiance Health, 205 N. East Avenue, Jackson. 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, 15855 19 Mile Road, Clinton Township. 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital, 6777 W. Maple Road, West Bloomfield. Main entrance at the valet station. 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily.
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, 2333 Biddle, Wyandotte. 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday - Friday.
“We are extremely grateful to our partners in the medical community and business community who are coming forward with their donations,” says Bob Riney, president of Healthcare Operations and chief operating officer. “The unique circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic has presented challenges unseen before in health care. As we prepare for an expected surge of patients, these donations, whether large or small, will help keep our patients and our team members safe.”
Because of unique safety regulations in health care, donations are limited to new and unused medical supplies. Key items are:
- Disposable face masks.
- N95 respirators.
- Eye protection including face shields and safety goggles.
- Disposable gowns.
- Disposable gloves (especially non latex).
- Disposable surgical caps.
- Disposable foot covers.
- Bleach and/or antimicrobial wipes.
- Hand sanitizer.
- More specialized items are PAPRs (powered air-purifying respirators) and PAPR hoods, nasal testing swabs and viral testing kits.
Items NOT being accepted:
- Homemade sewed masks
- 3D ventilator parts
- Medical equipment.
MEDIA CONTACT / David Olejarz / 313-303-0606 / David.Olejarz@hfhs.org