Drop-off Locations for Donated Medical Scrubs and Supplies
DETROIT – Henry Ford Health System has added new drop-off locations for businesses and organizations looking to donate new and unused medical supplies.
“We are extremely grateful to our partners in the medical community and business community who are coming forward with their donations,” says Bob Riney, president of Healthcare Operations and chief operating officer. “The unique circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic has presented challenges unseen before in health care. As we prepare for an expected surge of patients, these donations, whether large or small, will help keep our patients and our team members safe.”
Donated supplies can be taken to the shipping and receiving docks at these locations:
- Henry Ford Health System, 1 Ford Place, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday – Friday; 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Sundays.
- Henry Ford Allegiance Health, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital, Main entrance at the valet station. 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily.
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday - Friday.
New and gently used clean scrubs in any size and color can be taken to the following locations. Donations may be dropped off in the large white drop box clearly marked “Scrub Donations Only” located outside our hospitals.
- Henry Ford Hospital, off Pallister Street along the M-Unit Driveway
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, North Entrance near Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital, Main entrance
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, Front Entrance
Top Requested Items
Because of unique safety regulations in health care, donations are limited to new, unused and non-handmade medical supplies.
Key items needed:
- Disposable face masks
- N95 respirators
- Eye protection including face shields and safety goggles
- Disposable gowns
- Disposable gloves (especially non latex)
- Disposable surgical caps
- Disposable foot covers
- Bleach and/or antimicrobial wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- More specialized items are PAPRs (powered air-purifying respirators) and PAPR hoods, nasal testing swabs and viral testing kits
Items NOT being accepted:
- Homemade sewn masks
- Homemade sewn scrub caps
- 3D ventilator parts
- Medical equipment
MEDIA CONTACT / David Olejarz / 313-303-0606 / David.Olejarz@hfhs.org