Match Your Frames to Your Face Shape
Not sure what your face shape is?
Stand in front of a mirror and use an erasable marker or tube of lipstick to outline the shape of your face. You'll notice your face is either round, oblong, oval, triangle, diamond or square shape. Here are some tips for buying glasses to match your face shape:
- Oval Frames - Oval faces are easy to balance out and look good in most styles of eyeglass frames. Typically frames that are as wide or wider than the widest part of your face look best.
- Round Frames - A round face looks thinner and longer when you wear eyeglasses that help lengthen and narrow the face. Look for frames that are wider than deep. Rectangle style frames often look the best.
- Oblong Frames - If your face is long and thin you may want to balance things out with frames that provide more depth from top to bottom. Frames that add width to your face using decorative features may also work well for balancing your face shape.
- Heart Shaped Frames - If you have a heart shaped or diamond face shape you should look for rimless frames or those with cat eye features. These help balance your jaw line and cheeks and provide an interesting and dynamic contrast to your face.
- Square Frames - A square face typically has a strong forehead and jaw line. Your goals should include narrowing your features using narrow frames, including those with narrow, oval shaped lenses or those that are wider than they are tall.