Anne K Eshelman, PHD
Services: Health Psychology
- American Board of Professional Psychology - Psychologist
- Wayne State University, Psychology, MI, 1983
I help patients manage medical stressors and behavioral side effects of lifesaving treatments to improve quality of life. Helping patients understand and communicate well with their doctors and have the information to make decisions for themselves are important for autonomy and mutual respect.
Dr. Elshelman works with the Henry Ford Transplant Institute to provide rapid assessment with quick and effective treatments plans for patients facing serious illness while undergoing the transplant process. She helps her patients meet the psychiatric and substance abuse requirements so they can be listed for transplant and address any issues after transplant has occurred. She believes in working closely with her patients’ families to create support networks that help contribute to long term transplant success.
Dr. Eshelman earned her Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Wayne State University in 1983. She has been a senior staff health psychologist with the Henry Ford Transplant Institute since 1985. Dr. Eshelman completed an internship in Health Psychology with Henry Ford Hospital.
Dr. Eshelman is currently researching how to improve processes used to prepare patients for successful transplant and improve the quality of life after transplant.
Awards and Honors:
- Phi Beta Kappa and College Honors, Earlham College, 1974
- Teacher of the Year Awards, HFHS Behavioral Health, 1995, 1996, 2002, 2008, 2011, 2012
- American Psychological Association Timothy Jeffrey Memorial Award for Outstanding Contributions to Clinical Health Psychology, 2007
- HFHS Shadow of the Leader Award, 2016
1 Ford Place
Henry Ford Hospital
Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital - Clinton Township
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital