Access thousands of medical academic resources through the Sladen Libraries system.
The Sladen Libraries serve as your gateway to knowledge-based information. Our electronic journals, books, and medical databases support our teaching, research, and clinical practice missions. Our library system offers access to thousands of academic resources, including:
- 4,400 electronic journals
- 70 databases including UpToDate, ClinicalKey, and Embase
- More than 8,500 print books
- More than 4,800 electronic books
- More than 80 librarian-curated Subject Guides
Henry Ford medical libraries
- Sladen Library at Henry Ford Hospital: This is the flagship library of our library system. From this location, we serve the students, medical staff, and employees of Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital and our medical centers.
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital Medical Library: This location serves physicians, students, healthcare professionals, and people who live in communities surrounding Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital with access to online databases, journals, and electronic books.
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital Medical Library: Volunteers and associates at Henry Ford Macomb Hospital can access online books and journals, computer workstations, and quiet study areas at this location.
- Henry Ford Jackson Health Medical Library: This location serves hospital staff, residents and students affiliated with Henry Ford Jackson Hospital.
All Sladen librarians are accredited by the Academy of Health Information Professionals -- the Medical Library Association’s official professional development accreditation program. Our librarians hold active leadership roles in local organizations, including the Metropolitan Detroit Medical Library Group and the Michigan Health Sciences Libraries Association.