Duration: 4 Weeks
Enrollment/Period: maximum 1, pre-approval required
Prerequisites: Completion of core clerkships in Medicine, Pediatrics and OB/GYN
- Enhance knowledge and skills pertaining to interviewing, physical examination and other patient interactions; interpreting data; clinical judgment; and therapy and advice to patients.
- Increase student involvement in conferences, journal clubs.
- Increase student use/review of the medical literature.
- Quality of care given
- Participation and performance in conferences
- Level of knowledge
Methods to be used in student evaluation:
- Observation of performance by faculty and house officers
- Assessment of write-ups/reports
Students get experience in clinical genetics both in counseling and in care of patients. Basic genetic history taking and approaches to diagnosis and counseling are stressed. Prenatal diagnosis by ultrasound, amniocentesis and chorion villus sampling are part of the learning.