Diagnostic Radiology and Medical Imaging
Duration: 4 weeks
Period offered: All
Distribution of student's time:
40% inpatient care
30% outpatient care
Enrollment/Period: 15 maximum, upon availability
Open to 3rd and 4th year medical students with completion of core clerkship in Medicine, Surgery or Pediatrics
- Enhance knowledge and skills pertaining to interpretation of data, clinical judgment and procedures (i.e., angiography, and interventional radiology).
- Increase student involvement in conferences, journal clubs.
- Participation and performance in conferences
- Level of knowledge
- Teaching file contributions
Methods to be used in student evaluation:
- Observation of performance by faculty
- Observation of performance by house officers
- Assessment of write-ups/reports
Diagnostic Radiology offers students a comprehensive, practical rotation designed to introduce them to the many facets of medical imaging. Interventional, Neuro-radiology, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine, MRI and Computed Tomography are included. Entry-level audiovisual programs and books are available to the student.