“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” That well-known adage speaks to a universal truth: taking precautions before a crisis occurs is...
Accountable Care Organization (ACO)
The Henry Ford ACO (HFACO) was created and began its collective work on January 1, 2016. Based on the Next Generation ACO pilot model, as provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the HFACO combines the expertise of more than 1,000 physicians, six hospitals and dozens of clinics and medical centers.
Henry Ford Health System chose the Next Generation model because of the breadth of benefits member physicians can provide to beneficiaries – benefits that had never before been included in an ACO model.
The goal of the HFACO is to create healthier outcomes for all of our patients, while reducing their burden of care and costs. This video helps to explain the goal of our HFACO.
In 2015, Henry Ford Health System celebrated the 100-year anniversary of Henry Ford Hospital, located in downtown Detroit. This rich history has allowed the HFACO to create best practices and efficiencies that benefit our patients, along with our member physicians and facilities alike.
The HFACO was created by combining the talents of:
- All physicians within the Henry Ford Medical Group
- All Henry Ford Health System employed physicians
- Select private practice primary care physicians and specialists whose skills and expertise are value-adds to the group.
- All six Henry Ford Health System hospitals
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, Clinton Township
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, Mt. Clemens
- Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital
- Dozens of Henry Ford Medical Centers and clinics throughout Southeast Michigan
- Affiliated skilled nursing facilities (SNFs)
- Other affiliated health care providers