The Next Generation Accountable Care Organization model – the foundation for the Henry Ford Accountable Care Organization – is based on providing beneficiaries (patients) with greater coordination of care and added health care options. This, in turn, is expected to create greater value, safer care and better outcomes for all patients served.
Shared Savings and Losses
- Amount of Shared Savings/Losses:
- Shared Savings, Performance Year 1, 2016: $3,938,137.76
- Shared Savings for Performance Year 2, 2017: $4,750,767.97
- Shared Savings for Performance Year 3, 2018: $7,061,558.83
- Shared Savings for Performance Year 4, 2019: $5,378,094.52
- Shared Savings for Performance Year 5, 2020: $4,055,097.17
HFACO Participating Physicians received approximately 62% of the shared savings pursuant to their agreement with the ACO. The remaining shared savings were reinvested in infrastructure, redesign care process and improvement in outcomes/cost for Beneficiaries.