(For HFHS employees and HAP members only)
A personalized digital wellness manager along with free wellness tools and programs, powered by WebMD Health Services. You'll have unlimited access to doctor-developed online tools to help manage your health and increase your well-being.
- The health assessment provides you with a secure, personalized snapshot of your current health and well-being.
- The health assistant tool can help you reach your goals in the areas of fitness, weight management, nutrition, stress management, and quitting tobacco.
- Health topics give in-depth assessments and tips about health issues such as asthma, high cholesterol, depression, chronic fatigue, and diabetes.
- Search helps you find information on health topics from A to Z. At the top of the iStrive home page, enter your search term and click the search button to get fast results from reliable, up-to-date sources.
- Trackers help you monitor your progress. Whether your goal is to track daily blood sugar levels, lower your blood pressure or start a routine workout plan, trackers can make it easy.
Login and choose “Health and Wellness” to access iStrive for Better Health.
(for HAP members only)
HAP members receive valuable savings on a variety of health and wellness-related activities and services, including health clubs and spas. You can take your discounts on the go! The HAP Member Discounts mobile app sends you a mobile alert when you're near an eligible discount so you'll never miss out. Get the access code at the website above.
A 10-week wellness program designed to help participants set and reach personal goals for a more balanced, healthy lifestyle. We encourage participants to attend all 10 sessions, but also welcome those who are interested in only certain topics. Weekly topics are as follows:
- Introduction and Getting Started
- Creating a Healthy Meal Plan
- Making Sense of Food Labels
- Food Shopping Simplified
- Being Active: A Way of Life
- Sleep: The Missing Link?
- The Art of Eating Mindfully
- Jump Start Your Activity Plan
- Talk Back to Negative Thoughts
- Sustaining Behavior Changes
A community-wide campaign promoting healthy eating, physical activity, tobacco-free lifestyle, and emotional wellness. Resources, activities and tools can be found on the Step by Step website and Facebook page. Additionally, Step by Step hosts various community events for fun and wellness throughout the year, including Family Wellness Day, Groundhog Gallop 5k Walk/Run, farmer’s markets, and more.
Our blog offers insights from our wellness experts on a variety of topics that encompass taking care of your whole self - mind, body, and spirit. Find useful tips on nutrition, managing stress, staying fit, parenting and more. Gain valuable information on prevention, ways to live better with chronic disease, and healthy and delicious recipe videos. Subscribe to our weekly email round-up so you never miss a post.
This blog, or digital magazine, is your guide to living a balanced life. HAP Balanced Living is filled with the latest health and wellness news, tips and answers to your questions by HAP experts, as well as helpful ideas to improve your well-being. HAP Balanced Living is separated into four main areas: Get moving, Get healthy, Get involved, Get to know your plan. You'll also hear from actual HAP members and members of our local community who will share inspirational stories about their personal health triumphs.
Henry Ford Macomb Wellspring Services
More than a century ago, mineral waters said to be more concentrated and diversified than any other in the world were discovered in Mt. Clemens. Visitors seeking relief from a variety of ailments traveled from around the world to these mineral baths. Today, we continue this heritage with Wellspring Services. Wellspring also offers health education programs and events – call or go online for details.
Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
Exercise is a vital part of wellness for everyone. For individuals with Parkinson’s disease, regular exercise can improve many symptoms and help to maintain balance, flexibility and mobility. This class employs research-based “FUNctional” exercises to target motor and non-motor symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
Moving Thru Dance + Parkinson’s
This class offers all the benefits of exercise with the additional “kick” of moving to great tunes. Swing with Sinatra, sway with Ella and bounce to some of Broadway’s best! Warm up, stretch and move, seated or standing. The program is designed to stimulate joints to maintain and increase range of motion. Caregivers/spouses welcome.
Designed especially for women with stable cardiovascular disease or cardiac risk factors who want to improve their heart health. Our program includes:
- Office visit with board-certified, female cardiologist.
- Body Composition evaluation using the BodPod®.
- Treadmill Exercise Stress Test for fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Nutritional counseling with a registered dietitian.
- Personalized Nutrition Plan and a Prescription of Exercise Plan are provided.