Recognition and Awards
For leadership in clinical care, research, and education, the Henry Ford Medical Group continues to receive recognition nationally and locally. The Henry Ford Medical Group staffs Henry Ford Hospital, which is continually ranked by U.S. News and World Report for excellence in many specialty areas including digestive disorders, heart and heart surgery, neurology and neurosurgery, respiratory disorders, and urology, among others.
Recent awards include:
- The Henry Ford Medical Group has been honored by the American Medical Group Association for its quality programs in prostate cancer care, anticoagulation management, lipid management, and depression care.
- Henry Ford physicians received the Governor's Award of Excellence for Improving Care in both the hospital and the emergency department settings.
- Henry Ford Hospital was named one of the nation's top 100 hospitals for the treatment of stroke, according to a study released by HCIA-Sachs Institute. The ranking indicates more people treated at the top 100 hospitals survive with fewer complications than at most hospitals in the country.
- Henry Ford Medical Group and Health Alliance Plan received the 2007 Award from the NCQA for Recognizing Innovation in Multicultural Health Care. The Henry Ford teams worked with the three automotive companies to improve breast cancer screening rates in African American women employees and their dependents, as well as asthma care in African American employees and their dependents.
- Henry Ford Hospital was one of 41 U.S. hospitals named 2007 Leapfrog Top Hospitals, based on results from the Leapfrog Hospital Quality and Safety Survey, a rating system that provides an up-to-the-minute assessment of a hospital's quality and safety. The Survey is the most complete and current assessment of hospital quality and safety available.
- The Henry Ford Medical Group has more physicians selected as "Top Docs" than any other hospital in metropolitan Detroit by America's Top Doctors.
- Henry Ford Hospital ranked as the only Detroit hospital selected as one of America's Top 50 Hospitals in Modern Maturity, the official publication of American Association of Retired Persons (AARP).
- Henry Ford Hospital and Medical Group received the 2005 Premier Award for Quality for excellence in both quality of care and operational efficiency for community acquired pneumonia.
- Henry Ford Hospital ranked 6th nationally in the "50 Exceptional Hospitals" reported by Consumers Digest in 2005. Henry Ford was the only hospital ranked from southeastern Michigan, and one of two in the state. The ranking is based on 30 quality and safety measures defined by the Leapfrog Group. The Leapfrog Group is comprised of organizations that purchase and provide health care, and work together with health care delivery systems to initiate improvements in the safety, quality and affordability of healthcare.
- Henry Ford Hospital and Medical Group received Michigan's Medicare Quality Improvement Organization's (MPRO) 2004 Pillar Award of Excellence for addressing health disparities.