Residential and outpatient detox treatment for addiction.
Detoxification, or detox, is an important part of addiction treatment. We can help you deal with the physical and emotional effects of addiction, also known as substance-use disorder, by treating the immediate symptoms of withdrawal that come with quitting an addictive substance such as alcohol, opioids, or other drugs.
Many patients require medical supervision in a residential (inpatient) setting to safely detox. Our addiction team offers residential detox services at Henry Ford Maplegrove Center in West Bloomfield. We may recommend residential detox for you if:
- You need medical supervision to safely detox
- You need more intensive treatment than you can get in an outpatient program
- You’re not able to travel to one of our outpatient detox locations on a daily basis
- Your home environment isn’t suitable for outpatient detox (e.g., other drug users at home, etc.)
- You have additional medical conditions that need to be monitored, such as high blood pressure
- You’re currently being treated for additional behavioral health disorders, such as depression
Learn more about our residential addiction care.
We offer outpatient detox services at the following locations:
- Henry Ford Maplegrove Center in West Bloomfield
- Henry Ford Behavioral Health in Detroit
- Henry Ford Behavioral Health in Clinton Township
Our addiction team offers detox services to teens on an outpatient basis only, due to the need for family involvement in care. For adults, outpatient detox may be an appropriate choice if:
- You’re in relatively good health
- You can’t afford inpatient detox
- You have a strong support system at home
Your detox care likely will include medication-assisted treatment, also known as MAT. Medication-assisted treatment can help you detox more safely and minimize the risk of serious complications during treatment.