Outpatient Addiction Treatment
Treatment for substance-use disorder while you stay at home.
Outpatient treatment involves getting you the care and support you need for addiction while you continue living at home. We offer this level of treatment at:
- Henry Ford Maplegrove Center in West Bloomfield (adults and teens)
- Henry Ford Behavioral Health in Detroit (adults only)
- Henry Ford Behavioral Health in Clinton Township (adults only)
- Henry Ford Behavioral Health in Dearborn (adults and teens)
- Henry Ford Medical Center – Columbus in Novi (adults only)
- Henry Ford Medical Center – Troy (adults only)
Who is a good candidate for outpatient addiction treatment?
We may recommend outpatient treatment for adult or teen patients as a first step in addiction treatment. Outpatient care also is the next step in care for patients who are successful in more intensive treatment, such as our Intensive Outpatient Program.
You may be a good candidate for outpatient treatment if you:
- Aren’t currently being treated for additional behavioral health disorders, such as depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder
- Currently use relatively low amounts of addictive substances
- Have a stable, supportive home environment
- Have few or no additional medical conditions that require treatment
What to expect from outpatient treatment
Treatment starts with a thorough assessment, which includes both a physical exam and a psychosocial exam. Next, our addiction team will work with you and your loved ones to create a personalized plan for treatment and recovery.
You’ll attend weekly group counseling and/or individual therapy, depending on your specific needs. And you’ll consult with one of our doctors as issues arise relating to your recovery.
Your care plan may include detoxification and medication-assisted treatment if needed. Outpatient medical management for adults, including outpatient detoxification, medication assisted treatments, and medical consultations for addiction, is available at:
- Henry Ford Maplegrove Center in West Bloomfield
- Henry Ford Behavioral Health in Detroit
- Henry Ford Behavioral Health in Clinton Township
After the initial treatment phase, we encourage you to continue the recovery process by taking advantage of community education and support resources for addiction. This includes our own programs and those offered by various 12-step organizations.