Be Prepared: Substance Abuse Education Classes for Parents and Teens
This interactive class will help parents and teens ages 13 to 18 learn about the reality of substance use among teens. Participants also will discuss how to handle issues or concerns. This candid session is designed to provide valuable information and prevention strategies for parents and teens before a serious problem develops.
- Gain an understanding of drug and alcohol use today
- Learn about behaviors that lead to addition and how to spot the warning signs
- Develop strategies for what to do if faced with a substance-use issue
- Discover addiction treatment options
- Learn how addiction affects the user and the family
A minimum number of seven registered teen participants is required.