The Honey Bee Award
What is the Honey Bee Award?
The Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) Honey Bee Award was created by nursing leadership to honor nursing support staff members who continuously go above and beyond for patients and their families. This award includes nurse assistants, nurse externs, unit secretaries, technicians and patient safety assistants. HFHS is proud to honor support staff with this award.
Each Honey Bee Award winner is celebrated at a public ceremony and receives a Honey Bee certificate, a jar filled with Bit-O-Honey candy, a bouquet of flowers and a Honey Bee badge clip.
How to nominate an amazing nurse support staff member
Nominations can be submitted by patients, families and hospital staff by completing the nomination form. Please nominate a nursing support staff member who consistently meets the following criteria:
- Is compassionate, caring and maintains a positive attitude
- Makes a special connection with the patient and family
- Is responsive and timely to the patient’s needs
- Does an excellent job communicating needs with the rest of the healthcare team
- Goes above and beyond caring for the patient
- Maintains safety and cleanliness in the patient’s environment