Canadian team members in allied health roles

Henry Ford Health has many opportunities for healthcare providers beyond nursing. Allied health professionals provide a range of diagnostic, technical, therapeutic and support services.

Henry Ford Health offers opportunities for the following allied health professionals:

  • Dietitians
  • Medical technologists
  • Sonographers
  • Radiologists
  • Physical therapists
  • Occupational therapists
  • Speech language pathologists
  • Respiratory therapists

Canadian allied health professionals: FAQs

Will I need a TN or VisaScreen to work in the United States?

Certain allied health positions require a TN, VisaScreen or both. Check this list of positions and their requirements.

How do I begin the VisaScreen process?

You may begin the VisaScreen application process by connecting with either the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) or Josef Silny & Associates. Physical therapists requiring a VisaScreen can either apply through CGFNS or the FCCPT.

What is an H-1B work visa, and am I eligible?

The U.S. H-1B visa allows foreign workers in specialty occupations to work in the United States for a temporary period of time. Check to see if your position qualifies for an H-1B work visa.

I am an allied health professional and Canadian citizen seeking permanent U.S. residence. What do I need to do?

This information on the Green Card process for allied health professionals may be helpful to you.

Join our team
Find your next job with us.

Cookie Consent

We use cookies to improve your web experience. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Read our Internet Privacy Statement to learn what information we collect and how we use it.

Accept All Cookies