COVID-19 Symptoms, Treatment and Testing
Do you have symptoms of COVID-19?
Common symptoms include:
- Fever of 100.4 F or higher
- Shortness of breath
- Body aches
Some cases start with diarrhea, nausea, and/or vomiting. Many cases just have mild cold symptoms of runny nose, sore throat, mild cough. Some patients report loss of taste or sense of smell.
If you have these symptoms:
- Find out your risk with our online screening tool.
- Consult with your doctor by phone or your Henry Ford MyChart account, or use one of our virtual care options.
- For your safety and the safety of others, DO NOT go to a Henry Ford facility unannounced, including walk-in clinics, urgent care and ERs. Please call ahead.
If your symptoms worsen – high fever (102-103 degrees) and/or rapid breathing – call 911 and alert the operator of your exposure so the EMS crew can prepare for your transport and limit exposure to others from being infected.
Testing for COVID-19
Testing criteria for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) has been expanded in Michigan to include:
- Asymptomatic individuals who are preparing for surgery
- Asymptomatic individuals have had a known exposure to a person who has the virus or has symptoms of the virus
- Those who work in a profession that puts them at high risk of exposure due to contact with the public
- Those who work in certain industries, such as food processing
- Learn more about the current Michigan guidelines
- Find testing locations throughout the state of Michigan
If you are an established Henry Ford patient with have symptoms of COVID-19, please call your primary care provider for advice and how to get tested.
We are usually able to provide you with test results in 24 hours or less.
Have more COVID-19 questions?
You can visit our FAQ page for more details on COVID-19 and how Henry Ford is addressing this health crisis. Also, learn more about safety measures we are taking to keep you safe when you seek care at Henry Ford.