We are driven to offer patients the safest and highest quality experience available. Betty Chu, M.D., Chief Quality Officer, explains how we make that kind of care possible every day, for every patient.
Our Commitment to Safety
Healthcare designed with your safety in mind
Although the world has changed, our commitment to providing the safest care environment possible has never wavered. The recent health crisis challenged us to go even farther, imagining new, creative ways to deliver care that’s safer for everyone. From emergency visits, to surgical care, to hospitalization to outpatient appointments, your safety remains our first priority.
We have new standards in place that allow us to safely provide medical care to you and your family whenever you need it. These include:
- Screening all patients, visitors and staff before entry to our facilities including a temperature check. Those who show possible signs of illness are referred for proper medical care.
- Maintaining visitor restrictions at all locations.
- Masks being worn by staff, patients and visitors. Those who need a mask will receive one upon entry. (Staff who are fully vaccinated and work in an administrative setting (i.e., they don’t interact with patients) may take off their mask in their workspace.
- Staff wearing appropriate personal protective equipment when providing care and adhering to strict handwashing protocols.
- Testing all patients for COVID-19 before any procedure or surgery.
- Enacting social distancing measures for spaces like elevators, waiting areas, lobbies, cafeterias and more.
- Enhancing cleaning practices with even more frequent disinfecting of common areas like waiting rooms and lobbies.