How We Are Keeping You Safe
We’ve taken every precaution to keep patients and our team safe during the COVID-19 health crisis, and we’re committed to continuing to improve and find innovative ways to provide safe, effective care to you for the immediate future and for years to come.
Henry Ford’s Promise: Your Safety Comes First
We’ve thought through every aspect of your care journey – from how every treatment area is cleaned and sanitized to changes in our waiting rooms to ensure social distancing.
Here are some details of what you can expect when you come to a Henry Ford facility for care.
When You Arrive
Right when you arrive, you’ll notice that some things may look different or that our procedures have changed. Some of the changes include:
- Screenings at marked entryways: Everyone who enters, including staff, will have their temperature taken and be checked for symptoms of COVID-19. Entrances are limited, but we’ve clearly marked these entryways to guide you.
- Face masks: Masks are required for everyone who enters the building. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided.
- Signage & social distancing measures: New signs are designed to guide you through the care environment. Dividers may also be used to keep everyone at a safe distance, and fewer people will be allowed in our buildings at one time.
Inside any Patient or Exam Room
Our highly skilled environmental services staff, who themselves are screened for health daily, take pride in providing the most thorough cleaning and sanitizing measures. These include:
- Cleaning all surfaces: All surfaces are thoroughly disinfected with medical-grade cleaning agents. From doorknobs to faucets, light switches to bed controls, each touchpoint is addressed regularly to ensure your safety.
- UV robots: To further sanitize inpatient rooms at our hospitals when needed, we use an advanced robotic system. After the room is completely cleaned, a robot bathes the entire space in ultraviolet (UV) light, destroying any virus or bacteria that may still be in the room.
- Regular audits: We verify the work of our environmental services staff to keep disinfecting standards at their highest level.
We are committed to keeping our dedicated team of doctors, nurses and other caregivers safe and, by doing so, keeping you safe. Some ways we’re doing this include:
- Masks and PPE use: For their safety and yours, all Henry Ford employees you encounter will wear masks, and may also wear face shields and other protective gear, as needed. Please know we are well-stocked with all forms of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Strict hand hygiene: Handwashing is one of the most simple and effective ways to prevent the spread of any infection. Henry Ford providers carefully wash their hands each time they interact with a new patient. Hand sanitizer stations are available and conveniently placed throughout every care facility for all to use.
- Daily health screenings: Caregivers have their temperature taken and are screened daily for symptoms to ensure they are healthy. Anyone with signs of illness are sent home – no exceptions.
Every Henry Ford department is concerned for your safety, including pharmacy, radiology, rehabilitation and other specialty care services. In these environments, you’ll still see mask use, hand hygiene and social distancing rigorously enforced. Durable medical equipment like wheelchairs are also regularly sanitized for your safety. Our pharmacy also offers curbside pickup and free delivery options.
Watch the Full Video
Hear from Betty Chu, M.D., Chief Quality Officer, and a variety of Henry Ford team members on how we’ve made your complete care experience the safest it’s ever been.
At Henry Ford, our promise is centered around providing you with the safest care every time you enter our facilities or interact with our caregivers. Safe, accessible, high-quality care. That’s the Henry Ford promise, and it’s all for you.