An expert lays out the leading outpatient treatments for COVID-19, explains the differences among them and shares who should take them.
Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccines
Last updated: January 11, 2023
Schedule your COVID vaccine or updated bivalent COVID booster
Pfizer vaccines and the updated, bivalent Pfizer booster is available by appointment for established patients in our Primary Care and Pediatric centers. Schedule an appointment using MyChart. Children under age 18 must be Henry Ford Health patients and accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to receive a vaccination at Henry Ford Health.
Updated Pfizer bivalent boosters/third doses
Patients ages 5 years and older can receive the Pfizer bivalent booster 2 months after completing the primary dose series, or 2 months after receiving a booster of the previous monovalent booster. Patients ages 6 months through 4 years will receive the updated bivalent vaccine as their third primary dose of the vaccine series, 8 weeks after dose 2.
The Pfizer bivalent booster/third dose targets the original coronavirus strain as well as the Omicron BA.4/BA.5 subvariants. Learn more about COVID-19 boosters.
Why does Henry Ford Health offer only the Pfizer vaccine?
- While all the COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective, we limit our vaccination supply to the Pfizer vaccine.
- The Pfizer vaccine was first to be authorized.
- The COVID-19 vaccines have different storage and dosing requirements. Using the same brand of COVID-19 vaccine at our many Primary Care and Pediatric centers simplifies ordering, storing, transporting and delivering the vaccine to our patients.
COVID-19 Vaccine Questions and Answers
We know you have a lot of questions about the COVID-19 vaccines. Use the links below to navigate to the topic you're interested in learning more about.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Basics - Information about where you can receive the vaccine, how to schedule an appointment and general information on the vaccines.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Safety and Effectiveness - Answers to your questions about the safety of the vaccines, what side effects you may experience and how effective the vaccine will be for you.
- Kids and the COVID-19 Vaccine – Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines for children and how to schedule an appointment for your child at Henry Ford.
- Booster Doses – Find out more about COVID-19 boosters and if you are eligible.
- Third Doses for Immunocompromised People – These FAQs will answer questions people with compromised immune systems may have about COVID-19 and third doses.
- Fertility, Pregnancy and the COVID-19 Vaccines – If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, find answers to your vaccine questions here.
Are you one of the lucky ones who hasn't contracted COVID-19 yet? Here are a few theories as to why.
These expert tips will help you "prep" for another pandemic holiday season so that you can safely celebrate with loved ones.
Learn why mental health issues like depression and anxiety are risk factors for developing long COVID--and what you can do about it.
Mother of young patient says she did a “happy dance” on the way to the doctor’s office.
Dr. Cunningham said the highly transmissible form of Omicron could lead to a rise in infections.
Henry Ford Health System said the booster shot is critical to keeping you safe.