Henry Ford Macomb offers a 12-month paid Nurse Residency Program to all newly graduate nurses and those newly licensed nurses with less than 1-year acute care experience. Developed by nursing experts from both academia and practice from across the nation. The Vizient and American Association of College of Nurses (Vizient/AACN) provides new nurses with the necessary tools and work experience to assist with transitioning successfully into their role and reduce first year turnover rate.
Nurse Residency Program Benefits
- Support from experienced clinical nurse specialists (CNS), Nurse Education Specialists and leaders
- Help develop your nursing career map
- Build relationships with your cohort
- Support from experienced nursing staff
- Mentorship opportunities
- To assist our new nurses in providing safe, efficient patient care.
What are the requirements of the Program?
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing program within the previous 6–12 months
- Be employed by Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
- Newly licensed RN or obtain RN licensure within 30 days of date of hire
- How to apply
NRP outcomes for nurses
- Increases decision-making and confidence
- Improves professional commitment and satisfaction
- Enables consistent use of evidence-based practices
- Builds stronger clinical nursing leadership and communication skills
- Strengthens critical thinking by enhancing decision-making and clinical judgment
- Teaches self-care, wellness and resiliency strategies
Photos: Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program Student nurses (2022).