As physicians, you want to deliver the best care possible to your patients. At Henry Ford Physician Network, our performance management tools tell you exactly how well you are meeting that goal.
We do not view performance measurement as a requirement. We see it as an opportunity to identify areas for change, improve the quality of our care and ultimately create a better health care delivery model for our patients. Join us.
Quality improvement goals at HFPN
Physicians who join the HFPN are passionate about high-quality health care. As a High Performance Network, our select group of physicians is dedicated to the relentless improvement of performance metrics.
As individuals and as a team, our physicians are constantly improving their performance against regional and national protocols or standards to promote peer-to-peer and physician-to-community accountability. They also play an active role defining the quality measures we use to evaluate our members.
HFPN approach to performance management
We measure performance across your entire patient population, not just that of a single payer. Any information you share with the HFPN is confidential and kept within the HFPN. We use it to:
- Measure performance
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Demonstrate aggregate performance to the community
All of our physicians enjoy access to:
- Crimson, a web-based tool with the ability to compare your practice against local, regional, and national benchmarks
- Personal performance metrics across payers (primarily HAP and BCBSM)
Performance accountability at HFPN
We take seriously the performance goals we develop as a team. They are necessary to the promise of high-quality health care we make to the communities we serve.
All of our member physicians hold themselves and each other accountable for compliance with the initiatives of the Clinical Integration Program, including disciplinary and remediation efforts for physicians who do not meet established benchmarks. In 2012, the HFPN excused 100 physicians who did not perform to our high standards.
Patient satisfaction surveys
Patient satisfaction is a top priority for us. Understanding and improving the patient experience is critical to our success. That is why we have made patient satisfaction a metric for all specialties.
We have partnered with Press Ganey to help us administer surveys to your patients to gather insight into your care. Press Ganey has partnered with more than 10,000 health care organizations across the country to better understand and improve the patient experience.
You will receive results on a continual basis into 2014. Only you, your physician leader and administrative staff will have access to it. With this data, you will be able to:
- Access data related to physician-patient interaction, clinic access, registration process, visit efficiency
- Use data to improve your clinic processes
- Benchmark your results to Press Ganey’s national cohort of clients
- Meet patient experience reporting requirements for Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) initiatives and the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Incentive.
Learn more about our other physician tools: