6th Annual Jackson Trauma Symposium
Download 2019 Presentations (.zip)
Friday, September 27, 2019
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Charles Anderson Building Auditorium
Henry Ford Allegiance Health
205 E Michigan Ave
Jackson, MI 49201
Around the world, trauma caregivers provide complex care with varying resources, in environments that vary from the most prepared to the most austere. Our Michigan trauma system represents an effort to prepare all agencies and facilities, including large metropolitan trauma centers and rural critical access hospitals, to provide optimal trauma care by working together within a system. Educational programs like this one allow us to bring together regional experts to share what they know and prepare all of us to meet that challenge.
Trauma providers and staff across the continuum of trauma care, including surgeons, emergency medicine physicians, intensivists, hospitalists, residents, advanced practice providers (APP’s), RN’s, EMT’s, social workers, rehabilitation providers, pharmacists, technicians, and other interested healthcare professionals who may benefit from this educational offering.
- Describe the evolution of current trauma resuscitation practices.
- Discuss the current guidelines for use of REBOA (Resuscitative Endovascular Balloon Occlusion of the Aorta) for control of traumatic hemorrhage.
- Compare risk factors and reversal strategies for elderly trauma patients who are taking anticoagulants.
- Describe one algorithm for evaluating and managing geriatric trauma patients with rib fractures.
- Discuss three essential elements for supporting others who are experiencing grief.
- Review the risk factors for the development of incomplete spinal cord syndromes.
- Describe specific strategies to reduce the risk of opioid dependence in the trauma and surgical population.
Designated visitor parking is available in the Parking Lot T, on Homewild Ave., across from the Charles Anderson Building. This is on the north side of campus. HFAH employees please use your usual parking, or in the parking structure (3rd and 4th floors).
Henry Ford Allegiance Health has reserved a small block of rooms at the Holiday Inn Jackson for Thursday, September 26, at the discounted rate of $115 for standard king or standard double queen room. To get the reduced block room rate, contact the Holiday Inn Jackson at 1-800-HOLIDAY (465-4239), ask for reservations and be sure to mention the block code Jackson Trauma Symposium.
Holiday Inn Jackson
2696 Bob McClain Dr
Jackson, MI 49202
Visit the Experience Jackson website for dining options in Jackson.
Henry Ford Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Henry Ford Health System designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty Disclosure Statement
In compliance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support, all individuals in a position to control/influence the content of this activity are required to disclose relevant financial interests of their own or spouse or partners with any commercial interests and/or non-FDA approved use of a drug or a device that is included in the presentation.