Alicja Wasilewski, M.D.
The Psychiatry Residency at Henry Ford Allegiance Health is a four-year program accredited by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education and American Osteopathic Association.
Henry Ford Allegiance Health is an award-winning 420-bed health system that has been serving south central Michigan residents for nearly 100 years. Complementing traditional acute care services with mission-based services, we support the care continuum for all members of the community.
Our partnership with Henry Ford Health, which began in 2016, creates greater access to state-of-the-art technologies and enables physicians and other clinicians from both systems to work together in developing innovative approaches to patient care.
Through its key role in the Health Improvement Organization, Henry Ford Allegiance Health has become a national leader in forming forward-thinking community partnerships to address wellness and prevention.
Our Psychiatry Residency Program provides an integrated environment for residents to work collaboratively with staff psychiatrists and support staff, gaining a broad range of outpatient and hospital experience.
Features of the Residency
- Didactic sessions provided by physicians
- Didactic clinical exposure and experience, broadened by enrollment in the Michigan State University Consortium:
- Monthly sessions
- University endorsement included on the resident’s diploma
- A countywide integrated electronic medical record
The goal of our residency program is to develop professional, board certified psychiatrists capable of providing competent, independent and professional mental health care services. Our residents will have the skills to diagnose and treat psychiatric illness in patients of diverse backgrounds as well as the ability to create specific, individual and comprehensive treatment plans.
We accomplish this by:
- Providing learning experiences based on measurable objectives
- Promoting a broad understanding of the role of psychiatry, as it relates to other medical disciplines
- Providing residents with progressive responsibilities, beginning with patient care and progressing to complete patient management
- Developing residents’ teaching skills
- Developing competence in psychiatric treatment, including skills to evaluate the entire range of psychiatrically ill patients and using the currently accepted fundamental modalities of therapy
- Developing professional leadership and management skills
- Fostering lifelong learning in medical education
- Fostering an interest and understanding of psychiatric research
- Preparing residents to meet certification requirements
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted personally by phone, or through the ERAS processing system. To accommodate travel schedules, interviews may sometimes be arranged before all letters of recommendation are received, although only completed applications will receive final consideration.
Please review our interview schedule for further information.